About Central Universities Common Entrance Test - CUCET 2013
Exam Name: Central Universities Common Entrance Test - CUCET 2013
Commonly called as: CUCET
Conducting Institute: as decided by the universities.
About CUCET 2013: Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUCET) is for admission to Central Universities of Bihar, Jammu , Jharkhand, Kashmir, Kerala, Rajasthan & TamilNadu; a total of seven Central Universities participating together for admission to about 99 Undergraduate, Integrated, Post-graduate & Research programmes in these Universities. It provides a single window opportunity for a student to get admission across 99 programs in 7 Universities.
1. Central University of Bihar : M. Tech (Computer Science)
- Eligibility Criteria: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with 60 % marks for General / OBC candidates and 55% marks for SC/ST candidates or M.Sc. in Mathematics / Physics / Electronics / Statistics / Operational Research / Information Technology / Computer Science with a minimum of 55% marks for General / OBC candidates and 50% marks for SC/ST candidates in the qualifying degree.
- Exemptions: Candidates with above qualifications and with valid GATE Score as well as M.Sc. Computer Science from Central University of Bihar with high CGPA may be exempted from appearing at the Entrance Test.
2. Central University of Rajasthan:
i. M. Arch
- Eligibility: Bachelor of Architecture degree course or equivalent courses recognized by the Council of Architecture with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
ii. M. Tech. (Computer Science & Engineering)
- Eligibility: B.E./B. Tech. in any branch of Engineering /MCA /M. Sc. with a valid minimum GATE Score in Computer Science and Engineering. Candidates with above qualifications but without valid GATE Score will have to appear for the Entrance Test.
Note for all the above: Candidates with valid GATE Score will be preferred and will be exempted from appearing at the Entrance Test
CUCET 2013 Exam Pattern: Objective type consisting of 2 parts
- Part 1: Multiple Choice Questions ( language,general awareness and analytical skills) for 35 marks to be written in 45 minutes
- Part 2: Subject Specific Multiple Choice Questions and/or subjective for 65 marks to be written in 75 minutes
CUCET 2013 Application Form Process: online for the engineering programmes
- Register to enter the data in the online application, save and choose a password.
- Successful registration will give a unique CUCET ID.
- An email is received on the id provided in the application by the candidate giving the CUCET ID and CUCET password to log in and for future reference.
- Details of the application fee have to be filled in the application form.
- A print out of the Acknowledgement Slip has to be sent it along with the payment challan to
6th floor East Wing,
Chamiers Towers 23 &24,
Chennai - 600 018
Note: An acknowledgement will be sent to the candidates email id after the acknowledgement slip is received. (for online applications)
CUCET 2013 Application Fees:
- General / OBC Candidates : Rs.250
- SC/ST Candidates: Rs.200
Prescribed examination fee may be deposited through Bank Challan form in all CBS branches of Indian Overseas Bank only. Indian Overseas Bank Challan may be downloaded from www.cucet.co.in or any of the websites of the participating universities
CUCET 2013 Online test centres: Ajmer, Allahabad, Bangalore, Bhagalpur, Bikaner, Bubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Darbhanga, Dhanbad, Gaya, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Jodhpur, Kasargod, Kolkata, Kota, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Madurai, Mumbai, New Delhi, Patna, Ranchi, Srinagar, Thiruvanathapuram, Thiruvarur, Trichur, Udaipur
CUCET 2013 Important Dates:
- CUCET Registration Starts on: 2nd week of April .
- CUCET Registration Closes on: May 2nd week
- Last Date for Receipt of Application: May 2nd week
- Admit Card Download Window Offline Exam: Last week of May
- Admit Card Download Window Online Exam: 1st week of June
- CUCET (Online Exam) (For M.Tech, M.Arch): June 2nd week
- Declaration of Results & Downloading of Score Card (for Online Examination): 2nd week of June
CUCET 2013 Counseling Process:
Counseling is generally starts in the last week of June.
Counselling will be held at the university which offers the programme.
Candidates are required to bring their original certificates as well as self attested copies of their certificates along with photographs and the fees for the 1st semester fee via a Nationalised Bank Demand Draft drawn in favour of 'Central University of Bihar' payable at Patna.
CUCET 2013 Participating Institutes:
- Central University of Bihar (www.cub.ac.in),
- Central University of Jammu (www.cujammu.in)
- Central University of Jharkhand (www.cuj.ac.in),
- Central University of Kashmir (www.cukashmir.ac.in),
- Central University of Kerala (www.cukerala.ac.in),
- Central University of Rajasthan (www.curaj.ac.in)
- Central University of Tamilnadu (www.cutn.ac.in)